How do I sign-up my child for Pre-Competitive? How will I find out if my child has been placed?
Online registration is now available.
1. Go to ww.dacaswimteam.org and click on Pre-Competitive in the menu bar or click the link below "Pre-Comp Registration"
2. Use the filters to select the desired Location, Time and Day or select/click on the desired Session.
3. Select the appropriate class level based on your student’s evaluation form or your initial placement evaluation.
4. Click on the red Class Cost/Days/Times to pick the day, time and location of your desired class.
5. Click on the red Register Button to register for the class of your choice.
*If you currently have an online account set up with Competitive Swim Team please use your existing log in information to sign in. If you need assistance in retrieving this information please contact the DACA office at 408-253-7946.
*If you do not currently have a Competitive account please set up your account at this time.
6. Complete all required fields
7. Repeat process to add multiple students into the same registration/shopping cart
8. Complete registration by processing payment.
Does my child need to be evaluated to participate?
Swimmers who have never participated in the Pre-Competitive Program must attend an evaluation prior to enrolling in the program. The evaluation dates are posted on DACA's website under "placement evaluation."
Can I sign my child up for more than one class and/or time slot?
You can sign your child up for as many class days and/or time slots as you would like.
How do I withdraw my child from the program?
Students remain enrolled unless DACA is officially notified via the Withdrawal Form submitted from the DACA website at www.daca.org Withdrawals must be submitted no later than the 21st of the month to become effective the first of the following month.
How will I know what level to enroll my child in if I want to re-enroll?
Your child’s level will be indicated on the evaluation form he or she received from the instructor at the end of the evaluation period. Also, the class level for students is posted on the DACA website.
How do I transfer from the DACA Swim School?
Contact the Swim School after your child's placement has been confirmed in the Pre-Competitive Program. Inform the Swim School that your child is enrolled in the Pre-Competitive Program.
Do you hold classes in the rain?
Pre-Competitive classes are generally held in all conditions. Severe weather may result in classes being cancelled. Check the home page of the DACA website if you are unsure.
Does my child need to be re-evaluated if he or she has been in the program before?
Students who are or have been in the program do not need to attend the placement evaluation. Students in the program are evaluated every eight to ten weeks during the year. Children who have not participated in the program for an extended period of time (over six months) may want to attend the placement evaluation.
How will I get my parking pass if I have ordered one with my registration for De Anza College?
The parking pass will be mailed to you.
Are there any make-ups for cancelled classes?
There are no make-ups, credits or refunds for classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, lightning, or any other conditions out of DACA's control.